The Best OBD2 App helps you convert your tablet or smartphone to your reliable car mechanic. It’s really interesting to know the state of your vehicle on your phone. At least, the smartness, the convenience, and cut-cost approach are enough reasons. Handsets that can work with OBD2 scan tools help you gain total hold and detect the issues right away. Whichever way, to go about that, you’ll need to get the best OBD2 App.
- 1 Recommendation For 3 Best OBD2 Adapters With Apps:
- 2 Best OBD2 Apps Review
- 3 The Final Thoughts
Recommendation For 3 Best OBD2 Adapters With Apps:
|Editor's Pick||Best Cheap||Also Great|
BlueDriver LSB2 Bluetooth Pro
|Free download||✔||Some may require separate purchase||✔|
|ABS, SRS, Transmission Diagnostics||✔||--||✔|
Best OBD2 Apps Review
1. Fixd OBD2 Scanner
The Fixd OBD2 Scanner affords you the consequences and severity of every check engine light. It gives you summarized analysis such that you promptly discover how you’d need to fix it. For every issue, we offer supportive resources and videos so you can seamlessly address the issue. The app also reminds you of the moment your car requires scheduled upkeep. Carrying out these maintenance objectives will help your car on the go.
Moreover, you can see data from your car from a broad array of data sources. These are RPM, Mass Air Flow, Fuel Pressure, etc.
Notable key features of Fixd OBD2 Scanner include its powerful check engine light feature. Designed by ninja engineers, the app gives your unrestricted access to more than 10k manufacturer particular and improved trouble codes such as Airbag, TPMS, ABS, and Transmission. With the Fixd OBD2 Scanner, you can have a live diagnostic data and upbeat vehicle maintenance prompters readily available.
- Saves cost offering you with computed repair rates
- Time-saving enabling you with seamless fixes
- Trusted brand
- The app is greatly workable and highly reputable
- App’s logbook helps you keep track of recent codes
- Add-on features are way extreme and block the screen
- May not work with certain cars
Final Verdict – The moment you familiarize yourself with the add-on features you may opt for Fixd OBD2 Scanner. It is certainly one of the best for your car needs.
2. Torque Pro
Torque Pro is truly one of the best Torque Pro helps you with things consisting of an engine running, display car functionality, ECU, displays car performance and examines codes. It is one customizable application that allows you to use GPS tracking.
The app performs great with OBD2 adapters such as PLX Devices, OBDLink, OBDKey, ELM327, Bluetooth. Nevertheless, it aids most other scan devices alike. The app reads carbon dioxide emissions. It shows sensor data. It goes through all CEL codes. In addition, the app voices warnings and alarms. The app likewise works with all OBD2 Scanners perfectly and helps you use your Android device to regulate it.
- The Torque Pro possesses car dock support
- It carries new features added with each edition
- Its gauges can be custom-made
- The app selects from varying color patterns
- The Torque Pro also displays horsepower, emission info, and dynamometer
- Many times, the app lags in HTC smartphones
- It works with limited adapters
Bafx Products - Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 / OBDII Diagnostic Car Scanner & Reader Tool for Android Devices
Final Verdict – The Torque Pro app supports every OBD2 car and aids Android version 2.0 and more. Possessing an easy-to-use border and a good deal of in-built functions, you may find the Torque Pro your choice app.
3. OBD Fusion
The OBD Fusion is one app that permits you to read car info from the smartphone screen. The functions and features of the app are boundless. It helps you to design a dependable board with your handy tool. This clearly means from any iPad, iPhone and Android you can guesstimate the fuel consumption. You can also check numerous car sensors. You may also read trouble codes and may even switch off the check engine light.
The OBD Fusion possesses the obtainable access to relate to you the particular station of your car in a parking lot with a live map. You do not have to bother yourself about getting ahead with emission tests. Using the monitoring functionalities, the app is good for achieving your emission gauges. The OBD Fusion works cool with many vehicles. The app functions with a number of adapters for Android and iOS devices alike.
- The OBD Fusion app has prompt connection time working with your smartphone and car.
- The app does well with a number of devices
- The application functions greatly with live maps in both real and virtual spaces
- The OBD Fusion gets you complete diagnostic reports
- App has a great reputation in the market.
- You may need to incur supplementary costs using the app
- Limited to PCM codes only
Final Verdict – The OBD Fusion seamlessly usable and easily connects with your car for prompt diagnostics. It’ll make a good buy.
4. Carista OBD2
Carista OBD2 carries out many functionalities like emission tests and simple OBD2 diagnosis. The app works with Android. It gives a surplus of simple functionalities on the free types. It also provides many cutting-edge versions the moment you subscribe. Some of the innovative functions are EPB, Customization, ECU, coding Airbag/ABS and so forth.
The Carista OBD2 bonds with your OBD2 adapter and interconnects with your vehicle to detect issues. Improved key features of your Carista OBD2 include Airbag, ABS, navigation, etc are buoyed by a number of models such as Volkswagen, BMW, Mini, Toyota, Audi, Skoda (VAG) to name a few. But to use them you’ll need to purchase the paid version to avail each of them.
To your car, the Carista OBD2 app does the same as a PA. With the customization feature, you are free to automatically lock the doors and even automatically switch on the engine lights the moment you switch the car on.
With the paid version, you can unveil the control counter, you may see the comprehensive ECU info and service reset.
- The Carista OBD2 alerts you the moment the temperature intensifies.
- There are customization options with Carista OBD2
- You can use enhanced functionalities the moment you buy the app
- You can get a one-month free trial to make use of paid features
- Suits many car models
- The app may not support all OBD2 adapters
- App has loud dings
Final Verdict – This app affords you maximum control of your car’s OBD2 adapter right there on your phone. It’s worth the buy if you could spend a little.
5. OBD Auto Doctor
As for the iOS boards, the OBD Auto Doctor is one of the best OBD2 apps available today. It has a basic user border that converts your phone into some automotive scan tool. There is however a free version you can lay hands on iTunes. Nevertheless, so as to utilize the features you need to buy the pro version.
The OBD Auto Doctor app helps you check and reset trouble codes on your car from your phone as you check real-time data. You may also carry out a freeze-frame. You can observe fuel consumption and regulate many e-control units such as the engine, system, and transmission.
You can carry out on-board examination and trail sensor data in quality time with your mobile phone. There’s the 18k trouble code repair in the DTC database which is delivered and cleared.
- The OBD Auto Doctor reads the car’s identification number
- It helps you see a graphical vision of sensor data
- You can share the OBD Auto Doctor with friends and family
- The app carries out emission tests
- Via emails, you can send reports using the app
- The ELM327 v 2.1 adapters have issues with connectivity
- There are also some inaccuracies with fuel consumption information
- The app supports iOS 9.
Final Verdict – The OBD Auto Doctor features a broad range of cars and provides many sterling functions.
6. OBDLink (OBD car diagnostics)
If carrying out simple utilities is you seek to achieve the OBDLink is one of the choicest. It is really one of the best OBD2 Apps you can find around. The app helps you visualize and clear rising trouble codes. It also assists you in freezing frame data and visualizing real-time data.
The OBDLink converts your Android handsets into a car diagnostic device and assists you check and clear codes. It helps you see live data and provide many other articles likewise.
The OBDLink helps you read live data. It helps you perform emission examinations. You can likewise use GPS tracking with the app. If you want to show oxygen sensor outcomes and results of onboard testing and a couple of others.
- You have free boundless updates
- The app carries out emission readiness test
- It is free of advertisements
- You can also have email diagnostic information
- The app shows over 90 parameters in real-time information
- The app underperforms in a number of cars
- It also supports version 4.0.3 and more
OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows
Final Verdict – If you are seeking an app that’s quick and convenient using you have a wonderful app in your hands.
One of the best OBD Apps you can find in the auto-care industry is the DashCommand. It is an award-winning diagnostic iOS application. The app changes your smartphone into an engine data exhibitor. By doing so, it helps you visualize a horde of info such as torque, acceleration or horsepower. The app affords you access to all a mechanic has access to the moment they diagnose a problem. In the least, the app can assist not get ‘robbed’ by a mechanic who alleges inexistent problems.
The key features of the DashCommand are that it monitors the consumption of fuel. The app also enhances the gas mileage of your car. The most significant features of the DashCommand include DTC trouble codes, trip information, brake performance, acceleration analysis, engine gauges, fuel economy gauges, data logging, etc.
- The DashCommand is quite easy to make use of
- It possesses workable, sterling features
- It reads all simple and improved codes
- It promptly shows results
- Dashcommand has customizable features
- The application does not function well with 8.0 and older versions
- The DashCommand app does not provide all OBD2 allied features
Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 Scanner for iOS and Android
Final Verdict – A good app though, but to maximize its utility you need to settle with DashCommand you need to consistently update it to the current version.
8. Bluedriver OBD2 Scan Tool
You can install your Bluedriver OBD2 Scan Tool at zero cost. Surely, the Bluedriver OBD2 Scan Tool is one of the best you can find in the store. The automatic diagnostic application assists you in controlling the Bluedriver scan tool that helps you examine and clear car codes with your phone. The app likewise provides improved diagnostics including airbag codes, transmission, and ABS.
The moment it comes to seamless and prompt connectivity, Bluedriver OBD2 Scan Tool tops the rank. In addition, it can work on an Android platform and the iOs too.
The Bluedriver OBD2 Scan Tool checks engine light slips. The scan tool carries out smog examinations. It equally clears them the moment it offers a fix. Making use of Bluetooth tech, the app connects robotically to your iPad and iPhone. The Bluedriver OBD2 Scan Tool is one proper for your car as it provides a tested fix out of about 5 million fixes for your car issues.
The app also features well in that it helps you freeze-frame stats, visualize live data on your phone device.
- It helps you transfer PDF files
- It’s compatible with cars the world over
- You can direct messages to the manufacturer making use of the app
- The app has no add-ons
- The Bluedriver OBD2 Scan Tool gives you free updates
- There are always connectivity developments in iPad Pro with iOS 11.X
- If not updated, the app may freeze. The app, unlike others, does not fit well with 8.0 and older iOS type.
BlueDriver LSB2 Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android
Final Verdict – The majority of car owners and mechanics make use of this app with Bluedriver scan tool. You too may find it useful especially if you want to control your OBD2 scanners with your Apple devices.
9. EOBD Facile
The EOBD Facile app is one of the most unique OBD2 car apps in our times. The app helps you to read engine diagnostic trouble codes. It aids you in resetting the check engine light. It really helps you in viewing I/M readiness for SMOG examination and actual sensor readings (02 Readings, EGT, EOT, Boost, etc) making use of your tablet or phone. It really helps you with extended 3rd party OBD2 Apps that are available on Google Play and Apple Store. You can lay your hands on improved features such as enhanced tests and PIDs on a number of cars.
The device works well with android and iOS with assistance for greater at instructions for optimized firmware and concentrated power consumption. Once your phone is wired to the scan tool, you may then gain access to your mobile information on android or iOS. The EOBD Facile is also seamless plugging in and unplugging and it would not block legroom.
- It is universally compatible with all vehicles
- The EOBD Facile is really affordable
- Works well with iOS
- Quiet easy to use
- Item is of durable quality and performs great
- May sometimes not work with Bluetooth
- May not suit working with some car models
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Scanner for iOS & Android
Final Verdict – The EOBD Facile is a perfect app for car owners to check their cars whether on the go or stationed.
10. Car Scanner ELM OBD2
The ELM OBD2 is one of the best OBD2 apps currently available. It works well as a scanner and a trip planner. This turns out to be that one can make use of this tool to study more about your automobile. It also helps you to calculate trips for your car. The moment you begin to use this application, you may check the performance of the vehicle. You may likewise secure OBD fault codes and examine sensor data. You are able to diagnose your cars making use of Bluetooth tech or Wifi.
The app has a number of features which makes it a wonderful device. Other important features include capabilities to design PIDS, show and reorganize DTC fault codes, freeze frame data. Moreover, the ELM OBD2 app possesses a Mode 06 technology which assists you to carry out ECU self-examining checks and maintain repair costs little. You can check again if your vehicle is set for an emission test or attracts definite DTC codes all over a screen.
- The ELM OBD2 app has additional features available
- The app is availably easy to use
- The app completely covers all OBD2 Mode 06 tests
- The ELM OBD2 app also basically connects with Bluetooth and Wifi and your car.
- You can see all the car sensors from your handset or smartphone.
- Imposters make cheaply-made products of the app; not so unique
- The App does not link up with V.2 adapters
Final Verdict – Only for the knock-off devices easily created of it, the app is a great OBD2 scanner. Cheaper apps do not promise great results. But carefully going for the app on a reputable online store, gives you quality outcomes.
The Final Thoughts
The best OBD2 app makes use of the Bluetooth tech to bring together a phone and an OBD2 scanner. All that you would need to do is get a car diagnostic app on your phone compatible with the scanner. You may then regulate it from your phone. Having done a bit of the review of select best OBD2 apps you may want to settle for the one that suits your peculiar needs only. This is one good reason we have specified what differentiates one from the other.
Don’t stop your review at the pros only, check the cons too. Discover what you would not be able to bear with one and what you could with others. You’ve got your choice to make. Consider your car make and needs and decide which of the apps best suits you. That’s when that particular app becomes your choice. By doing so you’d not be unduly frustrated. You would be properly guided.