The Launch Scan Tool is a popular device among Mechanics, Pro, and DIYers. Most professionals love this tool because of the advanced diagnostic features it offers. Despite being relatively expensive, the scanner provides functions that make it worth every coin. It comes designed with advanced diagnostic features to help solve many car issues. Launch sells a variety of scanners for different needs.
Deciding on the right scan tool might be a bit of a challenge. Below is a list of some of the best Launch Scan Tools from which you can choose.
- 1 Best Launch Scan Tool Comparison Chart
- 2 Best Launch Scan Tool Reviews
- 2.1 1. LAUNCH CR319 OBD2 Engine Code Reader
- 2.2 2. LAUNCH CR529 OBD2 Scanner
- 2.3 3. LAUNCH Creader 3001 Automotive Code Reader
- 2.4 4. LAUNCH X431 Creader V Plus Car Code Reader
- 2.5 5. LAUNCH CRP129X Automotive Diagnostic Tool
- 2.6 6. LAUNCH CRP123X Car Diagnostic Tool
- 2.7 7. LAUNCH CRP123 Diagnostic Scan Tool
- 2.8 8. LAUNCH Creader VII+ Car Scan Tool
- 2.9 9. LAUNCH Scanner CRP Touch Pro Diagnostic Scan Tool
- 2.10 10. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123E Engine ABS/ SRS Transmission Scan Tool
- 3 The Final Thoughts
Best Launch Scan Tool Comparison Chart
|Editor's Pick||Best Cheap||Also Great|
LAUNCH CRP129X Automotive Diagnostic Tool
LAUNCH Creader 3001 Automotive Code Reader
|ABS, SRS, Transmission Diagnostics||✔||✔|
|I/M Readiness Check||✔||✔|
|Vehicle coverage||57||OBD2 compatible||57|
|Screen||5 inch||1.77 inch||5 inch|
Best Launch Scan Tool Reviews
1. LAUNCH CR319 OBD2 Engine Code Reader
This LAUNCH CR319 code reader supports all OBD2 functions on vehicles that meet the OBD2 protocols. It’s one of the most excellent tools from LAUNCH. The device is great for mechanics and Pro DIYers, making it easier to diagnose and fix problems in the engine of your vehicle. This small-sized code reader is ideal for standard car owners, DIYers, and mechanics to quickly and accurately solve issues related to emissions. This automatic diagnostic tool is supported by robust technology to offer superior user experience.
What Fеаturеѕ аnd Sресifiсаtiоnѕ Mаkеѕ LAUNCH CR319 Code Reader One of a Kind?
- Enhanced 10 OBDII functions
This advanced Launch Scan Tool offers 10 OBDII functions like data stream, Read Erase codes, IM Readiness, check vehicle emission-related monitors, Freeze Frame, vehicle information, and more. It can also efficiently troubleshoot the Check Engine Light and the diagnostic trouble codes.
- DTC library & 36-Month Warranty
The Launch Scan Tool saves you from the time wasted while searching online for code definitions because it has a built-in DTC library that displays code definitions on screen. So, you don’t have to pay a professional to read the DTCs or have the MIL turned off.
- Wide Vehicle Diagnostic & 7 languages
The Launch Scan Tool is a must-have as it comes with a multilingual feature to make diagnostics easier. The reader is compatible with most 1996 and newer OBD2 protocol vehicles.
- Easy to operate
Both mechanics and beginners can use this code reader. It is a Plug-and-Play device that allows you to test your car directly. It is easy to use anywhere as it gets power from the car’s DLC, meaning no separate battery is required. It is also small in size, making it easy to hold and carry.
- Cost-Effective Code Reader
When you consider the OBD2 functions and other features that this Launch Scan Tool offers, you get to realize that its price is considerably affordable.
- The Launch Scan Tool comes with the full range of OBDII functions
- Has definitions of what each code means
- Comes with a multilingual feature with seven languages
- The Launch Scan Tool is compatible with almost all 1996 and newer vehicles
- Guarantees a 36-month warranty
- Entry-level tool not built for professional applications
- Not designed to receive software updates
Though the Launch CR319 is an entry-level scanner, it has features worth considering. The tool has a user-friendly design, and it tackles different car issues. With its full OBD2 functions, The Launch Scan Tool is worth considering.
2. LAUNCH CR529 OBD2 Scanner
The Launch CR529 Scanner is an upgraded version of the 319. This OBDII diagnostic tool supports all ten modes of OBD2 functions and boasts of an excellent one-click lifetime update. The Launch scan tool comes with features that make it easy to operate. It perfectly tracks error codes and clears. Therefore, this Launch Scan Tool is excellent for both mechanics and enthusiasts to perform quick and precise vehicle diagnosis.
Sресifiсаtiоns that Mаkе LAUNCH CR529 OBD2 Scanner Worth the Buy
- Multiple Languages Support
The Launch Scan Tool has a multilingual data support system that displays in 7 different languages: English, German, Portuguese, Russian, French, Spanish and Italian. Therefore, even if you’re not English speaking, you’re most likely going to get a language that you can understand, and you’ll be able to switch from one language to another effortlessly.
- Original One-Click Smog Checker
This OBD2 scanner enables you to check the emission readiness test without having to visit the repair shop often. Furthermore, the Launch Scan Tool also performs drive-cycle verification without having to hire the services of a mechanic.
- Effective Car Status Analyzer
Using its full modes of OBDII test, you can get fast results about your vehicle’s health status. With all its handy functions, you can use this Launch scan tool whether you’re a pro or a beginner.
- User-Friendly Design
This Plug & Play car scanner requires no battery and comes with IM shortcuts to make operations more straightforward. It has a built-in DTC library among many other features that make it a perfect choice for a wide variety of people.
- Connects very fast to ECU and read/clear codes
- Simple User-friendly design
- Compatible with most vehicles from 1996 and newer
- Comes with a large display in color
- Supports seven different languages
- The Launch Scan Tool is not designed to read voltage
- Not compatible with some vehicles.
The OBD2 scanner is excellent for you, more so if you loved working with the 319. This diagnostic tool offers you everything the primary OBD2 tool provided and more. It is handy and worth every amount for any Pro or DIYer.
3. LAUNCH Creader 3001 Automotive Code Reader
If you are thinking of getting yourself a diagnostic tool to help you when you need a quick scan of your car, then this is it. Creader 3001 provides full OBDII diagnostic functions and is compatible with SAEJ1850, ISO15765-4, ISO9141-2, and ISO14230-4 protocols. This Launch scan tool is inexpensive, unlike many others that’d put you off by a simple mention of their price. In addition, it also comes with all the OBD2 functions, meaning you will not be missing out on any of the essential features of a car smart tool.
LAUNCH Creader 3001 Automotive Code Reader features that stand out
- OBD2 Full Function
Especially, the Launch Creader 3001 offers all the OBD2 full functions such as the ON-Board monitor test, I/M: Readiness status test, LIVE DATA: View & Graph data stream, View freeze frame data, O2 Sensor, Evap system test, and more.
- Classic & Portable Design
This diagnostic Launch Scan Tool has a small size that makes it easy to carry around on trips. It comes with a classic design consisting of an LCD screen, up and down button for easy navigation into the menu.
- Powerful Compatibility
This diagnostic tool work son most 1996 US Based, Asian cars and 2 EU based cars, and newer OBDII & CAN domestic or import vehicles.
- Turn Check Engine Light Off
This tool can automatically turn off the MIL to save you from the trouble of having to do it manually. Besides, it can also read your vehicles’ important information such as the VIN.
- 3-year money-back warranty
There is nothing better than having security in quality, and luckily this automotive diagnostic tool comes with a three years warranty so that you know that you are a safe trusting Launch scan tool.
- Easy to use design for DIYers and professionals alike
- Potable design making it easy to carry around
- Variety of functions at a favorable price
- View graphical and numeric data streams for different information
- No batteries required
- Not compatible with some cars which do not support OBD2 protocol.
- Fails to retrieve VIN in some vehicles.
This Launch CReader 3OO1 helps car owners who need some primary diagnosis of their cars. However when things get complicated with the automobile, you may have to run to the repair shop for a check-up.
4. LAUNCH X431 Creader V Plus Car Code Reader
Launch Creader V Plus Full OBDII Automotive Scanner comes with all OBD2 modes and bidirectional testing capabilities. This “plug and play” tool is straightforward to use and suits both beginners and Pros. It offers a user-friendly interface and seamless navigation options.
What Fеаturеѕ and Sресifiсаtiоnѕ Make this LAUNCH X431 Creader V Plus Car Code Reader
- Accurate Quick Diagnostic Tool
This Launch Scan Tool is a plug and play that doesn’t require a battery or charger. The scanner accurately reads and analyses data very fast.
- Bidirectional Tests
This Launch Scan Tool performs two bi-directional tests, namely, the EVAP test and the O2 test. Absolutely, these features allow you to send data from the EVAP to the fuel system and also receive data from the emission system.
- 10 Modes Of OBDII Diagnostics
Launch Creader V Plus OBD2 Engine Code Reade offers all the OBD2 functions like freeze frame information, oxygen sensor data, on-board monitors testing, I/M Readiness and more.
- Graphing Live Data
This Launch Scan Tool can determine the health of the engine of your car for immediate action. It quickly locates bad sensors in the vehicle and captures all the essential information for relay to the display unit.
- Comes with lifetime updates
- Easy to carry around due to its size
- Offers a fast diagnosis
- Can record information even without codes when the engine dies
- Easily finds misfiring cylinders
- Doesn’t support some advanced features like SRS
- Not compatible with some vehicles.
Launch Creader V plus is suitable for semiprofessionals, DIYers, and beginners. It is instrumental in diagnosing a minor fault in cars and has a portable design that is travel-friendly.
5. LAUNCH CRP129X Automotive Diagnostic Tool
This Launch scan tool is an upgraded version of the CR129. It comes with additional features to ensure that user experience is unmatched. It has a 5” touchable HD 720P screen and keypad to offer you operation alternatives.
What Fеаturеѕ аnd Sресifiсаtiоnѕ Make LAUNCH CRP129X Automotive Diagnostic Tool Excellent
- Four systems diagnosis
- 5 reset services & automatic auto VIN scan
This diagnostic tool features the five commonly used reset functions as OIL/EPB/SAS/TPMS reset, and Throttle Adaptation to ensure that your vehicle is sufficiently maintained. Furthermore, you can get the VIN with much ease because of the Automatic Autovin Scan.
- Supports all ten modes of OBDII functions
This Launch scan tool supports all of the OBD2 diagnostic approaches such as I/M Readiness Status, Live Data Graphing, MIL turn-off and more. It works on most vehicles after 1996 that are OBD2 compliant.
- One-click free update & 9 languages
This Launch scan tool comes with a one-click WiFi free updates for lifetime. Additionally, it supports nine languages to help make diagnosis easy for different individuals.
- The Launch Scan Tool can print inspection reports automatically
- AutoVIN scan features
- The Launch Scan Tool comes designed to allow TPMS and throttle check
- Compatible with most vehicles from back in 1996 and newer
- Doesn’t support some vehicles
- A bit complex for beginners
This powerful diagnostic tool is excellent for anyone with a little car knowledge to diagnose issues and solve them effectively. It has a user-friendly design that makes it easier to get diagnostic information. This Launch scan tool can save you a lot of money you would have sent in car repair shops.
6. LAUNCH CRP123X Car Diagnostic Tool
LAUNCH CRP123X is very cost-effective, considering that it is an upgraded version of the CR123 and powerful diagnosis features. It reads and clears codes on Engine/Transmission/SRS/ABS. Therefore, this Launch scan tool is suitable for both professional mechanics and DIYers to maintain and diagnose vehicles effectively.
What Fеаturеѕ Make LAUNCH CRP123X Car Diagnostic Tool
- Easy to use case design
This Launch scan tool features an operating combination that includes a 5-inch touch screen and operating buttons to make work easy. You can, therefore, choose to either control it with buttons or fingers.
- AutoVIN Technology
The Launch scan tool comes with antivenin technology that assists in a fast scan of the vehicle identification number. It reduces diagnostic time to bring a more accurate solution.
- WiFi update
This diagnostic tool is compatible with most 1996 and newer vehicles that are compliant to OBD2 protocols. The updates expand the coverage of the diagnostic vehicle.
- Data Record & Report & Print
It allows you to print any diagnostic results for analysis. It also comes with a FEEDBACK feature that delivers solutions from Launch professional experts for issues in time.
- More advanced software
- Compatible with more vehicles than other OBD2 tools
- Auto identify vehicle information
- Offers diagnostic feedback
- Offers faster update.
- Expensive for some individuals.
The diagnostic tool has all the necessary features that are required to diagnose and check engine lights on most OBD2 compliant vehicles. The price range for this tool is very affordable, considering features like engine/ transmission/ ABS/ SRS diagnostics, AutoVIN, WiFi updates, and on-screen definitions. This one is definitely worth the money!
7. LAUNCH CRP123 Diagnostic Scan Tool
Launch Scan Tool CRP123 boasts of high-tech features that could make it easily outmatch some high-end diagnostic tools. It is compatible with most OBD2 vehicles made in the USA, Europe, and Asia. It is excellent for both beginners and DIY car owners. And the size is convenient for travel, making it easy to move around.
What Fеаturеѕ аnd Sресifiсаtiоnѕ Make LAUNCH CRP123 Diagnostic Scan Tool
- Check Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool
This Launch scan tool tests the Engine, Transmission, ABS, and Airbag – four systems. It helps to diagnose and make analysis quickly with its ability to displays data stream graphics and the playback dynamic data stream.
- Error Fault Code Reader
It supports all ten modes of OBD2 functions to guarantee advanced diagnostic solutions. Some of its core functions include Read Dynamic Datastream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP, Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), and more.
- Supports almost all mainstream vehicles in the US, EUROPE, ASIAN
Launch CRP123 OBD2 scanner boasts of compatibility to many cars and makes around the globe. With its advanced features, it is easier for it to scan most of these mainstream vehicles effectively.
- OBD2 scanner live data
This feature enables you to know your vehicle’s problem quickly. All it takes is one click to determine and understand what your vehicle’s issues.
- Simple design easy to use
- Comes with powerful diagnostics
- 3.5-inch, TFT colour screen
- A year warranty
- Full-colour display is excellent for multiple component graphs
- Not compatible with some vehicles
- Direction for use is not very clear.
This Launch scan tool offers advanced diagnostics for all professional mechanics and automobile engineers. With this tool, you get a full car diagnostic system right at the palm of your hands.
8. LAUNCH Creader VII+ Car Scan Tool
Launch Creader VII+ car scan tool is an advanced diagnostic scan tool with all the features you need. It makes car maintenance easy even for beginners who may have basic car knowledge.
What Fеаturеѕ аnd Sресifiсаtiоnѕ Make Launch Creader VII+ Car Scan Tool
- Transmission Diagnosis
Launch Scan Tool ensures that you remain updated about your vehicle’s load and speed. And for easy diagnosis, it shows live transmission data on the screen.
- Wide Vehicle Coverage
Creader VII plus support diagnosis in all vehicles dating back from 1996 and newer. The OBD2 functions can is usable in automobiles that are compatible with OBDII & CAN protocols. The four system diagnosis, ABS/SRS/ENG/AT code reading, only supports vehicles from 2006 and newer.
- Language & Update
Launch VII plus comes with a built-in feature that supports various languages.
- All 10 Obd2 Test Modes
VII plus comes with OBD2 functions that offer more than just reading and clearing DTCs. Moreover, it allows live data stream to diagnose any suspicious data parameters.
- ENG/AT/ABS/SRS Diagnoses
The Launch scan tool enables you to resolve ABS/SRS problems and reset the lights with lots of ease.
- Offers all OBD2 functions
- Comes with lifetime free updates
- It has a 1-year warranty for quality assurance.
- The scan tool doesn’t support ABS/SRS in older vehicles.
Launch VII plus is a good pick for professionals and beginners who own modern cars.
9. LAUNCH Scanner CRP Touch Pro Diagnostic Scan Tool
Launch CRP Touch Pro offers a full function touch screen scanner offering all OBD2 diagnostic scans. This Launch scan tool provides both basic and advanced options. With the Touch Pro diagnostic tool, you can always tell when there is trouble with your car.
What Fеаturеѕ аnd Sресifiсаtiоnѕ show that LAUNCH Scanner CRP Touch Pro Diagnostic Scan Tool is great
- 5 Reset Functions
Launch scanner has five reset functionality for brake reset, oil reset, SAS reset, battery reset, DPF REG. These advance features enable you to have access to specific vehicle systems for scheduled service and maintenance performances.
- Data Record & Playback & Report & Print
Launch CRP Touch Pro scanner enables you to generate reports, Print and share out the report.
- Full Systems Diagnoses
Launch diagnostic scanner enables you to enter the ECU of all vehicle control systems like ABS, SRS, transmission and more. It does this courtesy of its ability to read and erase DTCs.
- 43 Car Brands & 10 Languages
Launch CRP Touch Pro is compatible with more vehicle makes and models than other OBD2 scanners. It supports 43 car brands and a lot more car models worldwide.
- 12-Month Warranty
The launch scanner comes with a 12 months warranty for quality assurance.
- 1-year warranty.
- Able to open and close brake pads.
- Shows parameters on the screen in real-time.
- Diagnoses transmission codes, as well.
- Large 5 inches touch screen makes it easy to read data
- Uses two lithium-ion batteries which run out very fast
- Not suitable for beginners.
Launch CRP Touch Pro is an excellent diagnostic tool that supports all available electronic systems. That means the scanner provides the user with information about vehicles health status
10. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123E Engine ABS/ SRS Transmission Scan Tool
This Launch CR123E is an advanced networkable diagnostic stool for the Android platform. It comes with features that make it the best tool for the passenger car DIY market. It reads data streaming for four systems, including the Engine, Transmission, ABS, and SRS.
Some of the Fеаturеѕ that Make LAUNCH CRP123E Engine ABS/ SRS Transmission Scan Tool
- System Diagnose + Health Report Generation
CRP makes it possible to check ABS systems. It helps do quick analysis and diagnosis of your vehicle. And apart from the 10 OBD2 modes, it can generate health report for your car by only one click.
- Advanced Hardware
CRP123E Creader is built with Android 7.0 Systems to help prevent flashback issues. Several upgrades have been done on this OBD2 code reader to make it more effective and efficient.
- Supports up to 57 vehicle modes
This Launch scan tool supports 57 vehicle makers, including Benz, Ford, Audi and more.
- Auto Vin+ Record History
This OBD2 Creader Auto identifies VIN, which helps in making an accurate diagnosis. It also makes it easier to keep a record of the diagnosis report. You get to receive useful parameters to prevent unnecessary repair.
- It comes equipped with a long-lasting 4000 MaH battery
- Designed to show voltage drop when cranking
- Five-year warranty and two months replacement
- Compatible with 10 OBD2 modes and ABS bleeding
- Not compatible with 2005 Toyota Camry model
- Doesn’t support some types of vehicles.
The LAUNCH CRP123E is a revolutionary diagnostic tool and a fantastic tool for car maintenance.
The Final Thoughts
Launch offers some of the best OBD2 scan tools in the market. After looking at different Launch diagnostic scan tools, you are well equipped to pick one. Ask yourself which one meets your needs and supports your vehicle. Depending on what you are looking for and the make of your car, you will find one scan tool that is more useful for your auto. Therefore, it is essential to understand your requirements before choosing which Launch Scan Tool suits you best.
The manufacturers of these tools invest heavily in hi-tech engineering to adaptively meet the ever-changing market demands. The diagnostic scanners are compatible with a variety of OBD2 vehicles. The best part about all this is the fact that it is suitable for mechanics, technicians, or DIYer. In other words, everyone has something when it comes to the Launch scan tool!